We have just signed the Armed Forces Covenant as demonstration to our recognition of the Armed Forces Community and the value they bring to the country and our organisation.
The covenant focuses on fair treatment and helping members of the armed forces community have the same access to government and commercial services and products as any other citizen. The Armed Forces community includes those in-service personnel (including reservists) and veterans and also those who care for, depend on, or are close family members of these groups of people.
FRG seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community